When: Monday, March 11th – 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Where: Braun Intertec Bismarck Office, 1502 Grumman Lane, Bismarck, ND
Please join us at our Bismarck office as we host an educational series featuring four presentations designed to strengthen your knowledge of asphalt design and construction. In addition to this plethora of knowledge, attendees will receive PDHs for their participation. A light breakfast and lunch will be served.
Pavement Section Design of Roadways and Parking Lots: Discover the design parameters that are required for a pavement thickness design and review the AASHTO design procedure for roadways. Engage in discussion on realistic minimums for design of low volume roads and parking lots based on local subgrade soils and climate, as well as the effect geogrid can have on reducing the section thickness.
Project Scoping and Pavement Evaluation: For optimal repair selection, this presentation will discuss proper scoping of bituminous roadway projects. Topics will include data gathering, soil borings, pavement surface evaluations, pavement coring, Ground Penetrating Radar and Falling Weight Deflectometer testing.
Rehabilitation Selection Process and Mix Designs: Using information obtained during the pavement evaluation process, this session will discuss various repair techniques, including both preventive maintenance and rehabilitation repair methods. Pavement mix designs for Cold In-Place (CIR) and Stabilized Full Depth Reclamation (SFDR) will also be covered.
New Paving Technologies and Construction Troubleshooting: Our final session will include a variety of discussions related to new bituminous paving technologies, technical memorandums related to bituminous mixes and testing, warm mix asphalt, research and construction-related troubleshooting in the field.
Meet the Speakers
Agenda at a Glance
- 9:00 to 9:15 AM – Check In & Continental Breakfast
- 9:15 to 9:30 AM – Meet Braun Intertec
- 9:30 to 10:15 AM – Presentation 1: Pavement Section Design of Roadways and Parking Lots
- 10:15 to 10:30 AM - Break
- 10:30 to 11:15 AM – Presentation 2: Project Scoping and Pavement Evaluation
- 11:15 to 12:00 PM– Presentation 3: Rehabilitation Selection Process and Mix Designs
- 12:00 to 12:45 PM - Lunch (Provided by Braun Intertec Corporation)
- 12:45 to 1:30 PM – Presentation 4: New Paving Technologies and Construction Troubleshooting
- 1:30 to 1:45 PM - Break
- 1:45 to 2:30 PM – Laboratory Tour (guided tour of our asphalt and soil laboratories)