The Terraces at Douglas Center
Located in the heart of Dallas’ Preston Center submarket is the new 12-story, class A office tower, the Terraces at Douglas Center. Named for the upper floor balconies featuring an open view of North Dallas, the new office tower boasts a fresh, contemporary design and a LEED Silver certification.
Braun Intertec provided construction materials testing and special inspections for this project, which involved construction of this massive 12-story building over a two-level basement parking garage, composed of concrete structural elements and a structural steel framed roof level area. To help reinforce the foundation system, the team selected post-tension concrete slabs with floor levelness and flatness requirements. In order to meet tight construction deadlines, we initiated the use of maturity meter which was used to determine real-time concrete strength for early access of post-tension stressing.
The Braun Intertec team provided a wide range of testing services, including:
- Soil classification
- Moisture-density relationship
- Field density tests (nuclear method)
- Concrete field quality control tests including slump, air content, and unit weight
- Concrete compressive strength test
- Concrete mix design review
- Mortar and grout compressive strength
- Concrete aggregate qualification and acceptance tests
- Rebar sizing and placement inspection
- Structural steel bolting and welding inspection by certified welding inspectors and ultrasonic testing of moment connections
- Special inspections by qualified inspector as required by specifications
Now complete, the Terraces at Douglas Center features a variety of amenities, including a barista and tenant lounge, conference center, full-service deli as well as on-site security and courtesy officer. A new outdoor plaza also connects the Terraces to two other Douglas Center office buildings. The stunning modern offices, as well as the abundance of amenities and nearby retail and dining options, make the Terraces a desirable location for many high-profile firms looking for a unique urban experience.